As part of the University of Saskatchewan International Blueprint for Action 2025 (link), the International Office is thrilled to announce the 2022-2023 International Travel and Project Grants: Internal Call for Proposals.
Please see links below for detailed Call for Proposal (CFP) documents regarding specific targets, eligibilities, selection criteria, and application form for each grant.
International Travel Grants
Application deadline: May 15, 2023
- Global Ambassador Program (Incoming) – supports incoming international experts and faculty to the USask aligned with USask’s existing or emerging areas of strength - valued up to $5,000
- Global Ambassador Program (Outgoing) – supports faculty and staff to travel to international universities and/or facilities aligned with USask’s existing or emerging areas of strength - valued up to $5,000
- Internationalization Fund – supports faculty and staff to increase the ability and confidence to initiate, build and support international and intercultural engagement and activities - valued up to $2,500
- International Travel Fund – supports faculty and staff to participate in international partnership and capacity building toward the university’s collective global citizenship and international community service engagement – valued up to $2,500
Please note: Due to COVID-19 still impacting international travel, these travel grants will support in-person travel and virtual activities for international partnership development, or a combination thereof. Applicants may propose projects that begin with virtual activity while travel uncertainties are still present. When travel fully resumes and safe to do so, in-person travel is encouraged.
International Project Grants
Application deadline: May 31, 2023
- International Research Partnership Fund – to strengthen research collaborations with existing international partners - valued between $5,000-$25,000
- Global Innovation Fund – to initiate the development of new international research collaborations - valued between $10,000-$25,000
- Global Community Service Fund – New Partnerships Grants – to support new collaborations and engage with communities to improve welfare and quality of life - valued between $10,000-$20,000
- Global Community Service Fund – Existing Partnerships Grants – to support existing collaborations and engage with communities to improve welfare and quality of life – valued between $5,000-$20,000
Applications led by faculty members must be submitted in UnivRS by the above mentioned deadlines. Staff members submitting a travel grant application can submit in UnivRS, with instructions outlined in the travel grant CFPs; or, email their complete application as a single PDF document with the fund name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline.
Information Session - International Travel and Project Grants
For more information please review the slides from the last Information Session about these internal funding opportunities and international project development tips.
Further Questions and Additional Information
Please contact the International Research Team at email@example.com with any questions about these funding opportunities.
Guidelines on Conflict of Interest for International Awards